Monday, June 25, 2018

Dr. Hong praises predecessors and colleagues for his receiving UT’s Distinguished University Professor award


Dr. Paul Chongkun Hong, professor of information operations and technology management in the University of Toledo College of Business and Innovation, has been named Distinguished University Professor in recognition of his exemplary teaching, research, scholarship and professional service, and was so recognized by the UT Board of Trustees earlier this year.

Dr. Paul Hong
Dr. Hong is only the second COBI professor to win this award, the other being Dr. Clint Longenecker.

“This recognition is about the value of teaching, research and outreach of business faculty for the world at large,” Dr. Hong said. “I accept this honor along with my colleagues here at The University of Toledo and around the world who have worked with me over the years.”

Dr. Hong joined the UT College of Business in 1999. He is an internationally recognized researcher in network capabilities, global supply chain management, international comparative studies, and building growth engine industries for national competitiveness. Dr. Hong, who was selected a Fulbright-Nehru Teaching and Research Excellence Scholar in 2017, has published more than 200 peer-reviewed articles and three books. He received UT’s Outstanding Researcher Award in 2015.

“This award suggests that UT COBI has been an outstanding leader in teaching, and this is very important,” Dr. Hong said.  “It reflects international recognition of our global reputation.”

“This is not just about me, but also my colleagues. We have wonderful programs in all areas of business disciplines such as sales/marketing, operations and supply chain, accounting, finance, management, international business and entrepreneurship. Students have great choices for our MBA, Executive MBA and international programs in India, China and Egypt.  Besides, we have a very unique doctoral program in manufacturing and technology management through which numerous influential scholars have been raised. COBI has supported international conferences in global supply chain management and superb service outreach efforts.”

“I appreciate all of those who went before me with outstanding scholarship and commitment to global engagements,” Dr. Hong said. “Among them, I would like to recognize Calvin Lawshe and Diane Marker who brought me to the University of Toledo years ago. My sincere appreciation to my primary mentors such as William Doll, Mark Vonderembse, Subba Rao, TS Ragunathan and Anand Kunnathur.  They have been instrumental to make UT COBI, with a doctoral program, and thus make it a truly comprehensive and research excellent college.  I cannot forget to mention Tom Gutteridge, Clint Longenecker, and PS Sundar who supported me to settle and thrive in this great college. I wish I could recognize all others who have done so much with me as wel.”

“Individuals, organizations and nations must take paths for their own success first. But it is not success but service that is the ultimate joy of this life,” he explained. “With this Distinguished University Professor award, I am more committed to enhance the fine reputation of UT around the world through teaching, scholarship and service efforts. I will keep doing my part in enhancing UT COBI’s reputation as an exemplary leader in the world of business.”

“I accept this award affirming that every success is another opportunity for service,” Dr. Hong said. “Together we do establish a real environment of sustainable excellence here at UT.”



2 comments:

  1. Do you need Personal Finance?
    Business Cash Finance?
    Unsecured Finance
    Fast and Simple Finance?
    Quick Application Process?
    Finance. Services Rendered include,
    *Debt Consolidation Finance
    *Business Finance Services
    *Personal Finance services Help
    contact us today and get the best lending service
    personal cash business cash just email us below
    Contact Us: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com
    call or add us on what's app +918929509036

    ReplyDelete

  2. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Pedro That Save My Family From Financial Bondage

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Pedro, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day I shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Pedro. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to the help of Mr, Pedro for giving me a meaning to life when I had lost all hope. If you are currently seeking loan assistance, you can contact them via: { pedroloanss@gmail.com WhatsApp+1 863 231 0632 }

    ReplyDelete