Friday, August 11, 2017

Accounting major receives prestigious scholarship


Frank Rolando, an accounting major in the UT College of Business and Innovation, received the $10,000 Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) scholarship for the 2017/2018 academic year. Rolando received notification of the award in June.

Frank Rolando
“This scholarship is a very prestigious award and first time to be received by one of our students,” noted Dr. Hassan HassabElnaby, Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and Research.

PCAOB scholarships are merit-based, one-time awards which must be used to cover eligible expenses such as tuition, books, supplies and equipment.

The PCAOB is a nonprofit corporation established by Congress to oversee the audits of public companies and broker-dealers to promote investor protection. The Board established the  PCAOB Scholarship Program to provide a source of funding to encourage outstanding undergraduate and graduate students to pursue a career in auditing.

“I would like to thank you for entering me into the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) Scholarship. I am very pleased and honored to have received this prestigious and honorable award. This will definitely assist me in my educational endeavors,” Rolando said.

“I cannot express how thankful I am. You have allowed me to develop and foster professional growth. I am extremely appreciative of all the opportunities that the University of Toledo's Accounting Department has offered. I hope to help others as Dr. HassabElnaby has helped me in my development.”

No comments:

Post a Comment